Being developers, many would rather spend their days creating code rather than do anything else. Meetings, in particular, or dealing with production issues.
All developers must understand the fundamentals of web performance monitoring. It won’t get you out of discussions, but it will help you prevent and put out production fires faster.
However, I suppose it may also help you avoid talks regarding production issues.
What Are the Benefits of Using Website Monitoring Software?
Whenever you employ a website traffic monitor, analytic tools, or a more general performance monitor, one thing is certain: there are various reasons to use these monitors in your day-to-day website operations.
- Provides a precise indication of how well your website is doing.
- Notify you of downtime so you can resolve it as soon as possible.
- Key performance metrics are provided by monitoring tools.
- Instant access to statistics on how every component of your website is performing.
- Assess your hosting provider’s ability to deliver on their commitments.
- Also, implies that fewer people will attempt to access your website while it is down, allowing you to offset any possible revenue loss.
What are the features to consider to select the best Monitoring tools:
- Collaboration across teams to expedite teamwork.
- Receive Synthetics Alerts and Integration.
- AI – assistance is essential to the role.
- Automatic execution.
- Run the various types of tests in the desired location, using various types of browsers all over the world.
Atatus monitoring tools web developers allows you to imitate user interaction to evaluate the availability of your website or application,
You can monitor the slowness and functioning of your application, as well as gain accurate and useful data, using an intuitive dashboard.
They also offer full-stack monitoring with actionable, real-time information to analyse and remediate backend application performance problems.
Using unified monitoring, you can also uncover performance bottlenecks and begin modifying your app to deliver the best digital experience to your customers.
- Keep track of the errors and rectify them so that your website is available to clients 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Simple configuration and customization allow you to simply ensure performance, functionality, and availability by simulating traffic inside a defined area.
- API tests involving numerous steps
- Run the various types of tests in the selected area, using multiple browsers from around the world.
- Receive Synthetics Notifications and Integration.
- Trials are available for 14 days at no cost.
- $1.6 for every 10K Page Views.
#2 New Relic
Although New Relic is well known for their APM tool, they also provide a RUM option, New Relic Browser, to fill out their monitoring toolkit.
The New Relic Browser contains enhanced RUM capabilities that deliver user-centric insights by concentrating on browser performance. It tracks the whole life cycle of a page or view, from the moment users launch the app until they quit.
To begin, combine essential metrics to optimize the overall performance of the program.
Anomalies and shortcomings are detected utilizing common open-source tools and eight programming languages.
Furthermore, permitting ubiquitous instrumentation.
Third, it finds and fixes problems rapidly.
Finally, compare the modifications, dependencies, and configurations.
- Has a free version.
- The standard version costs $0.25/GB.
- Pro version and Enterprise version prices are customizable.
#3 Uptime Robot
Uptime Robot can monitor up to 50 websites and check them once every few minutes for free.
Moreover, various uptime monitoring sources, like websites, ports, and even keywords, can be configured. SMS, social media (Twitter), Slack chat rooms, and API hooks that you may easily integrate into your existing apps are among your notification methods.
Users can also, look up uptime, downtime, and the amount of time it takes for your websites/apps to reply.
Every notification is validated before they are confirmed by comparing the uptime ratio from multiple sites throughout the world.
- Can use keyword monitoring.
- Reliable monitoring forewarns you of potential problems.
- Get warned 30, 14, and 7 days before your SSL certificate expires.
- Finally, keeps an eye on repeating background jobs or intranet devices that are connected to the internet.
- The free version is available
- Also, $7/month for the pro package.
- And enterprise packages will be billed according to your specific features.
Datadog‘s Monitoring service includes performance expectation thresholds and alerts when such levels fall below-defined levels. As a result, website administrators will only need to enter the dashboard when they are alerted to potential problems.
Even while the dashboard’s crammed data panels can be daunting, its information density reduces the need to switch between screens to get a thorough picture of a website’s performance.
Furthermore, deep-dive displays are less crowded and provide tools for debugging typical problems and finding the core cause of delivery issues.
- Performance may be easily optimised.
- Discover detailed information into product usage and user behaviour.
- End-to-end visibility is also important.
- Troubleshoot frontend performance issues more quickly.
- Enhance Customer satisfaction and end-user experience.
- Offers a 14-day free trial.
- The pro plan is $15 per month.
- The enterprise plan costs $23 per month.
AlertBot is a monitoring tool for web developers looking for a means to grow their or their clients’ projects. Despite the fact that AlertBot performs a great deal of advanced work for you, the interface is incredibly user-friendly.
Moreover, you can use the tool to analyze websites, mobile performance, servers, multi-page operations, and other things.
- Real-time notifications, performance tracking, script clicks, smartphone, and tablet browser testing, and notification of website issues, slowness, and unresponsive behavior are all available.
- Every AlertBot plan contains a huge number of sites.
- Furthermore, there is no additional expense.
- Quickly identify problems.
- Plans starting at $99.95
Application performance does not end with faster load times or better network connection. When it comes to UX, performance is everything.
The way that performance affects the browsing experience for your app’s users is equally important. This is why AppDynamics and other excellent monitoring tools entered the market.
The developers may now use a common platform to get a clear picture of why something isn’t working as it should.
- End-user concerns can be easily identified at the source.
- For the evaluation, experience journey mapping charts will be used.
- Customer journeys should be optimised across devices, operating systems, and browser types.
- Intelligent cloud agents that evaluate the performance of your business transactions and identify issues.
- Finally, make it easier for the operations and application teams to collaborate.
- The monitoring plan is $6 per month.
- Premium edition plans are $60 per month.
- The Enterprise package is $90/month.
Site24x7 Website Monitoring is a cloud-based service that provides a wide range of website testing tools as well as network, server, and application monitoring.
In addition, when a client with information monitoring detects systemic issues, the mix of services in this bundle enables analysts to track back to the server and network via the app stack.
Users do not need to sit and watch the dashboard for errors because Site24x7 includes a performance limit monitor that alerts them if problems arise.
Furthermore, this service is powered by an artificial intelligence assessment feature that filters out dissimilar reporting. Technicians can receive alerts via SMS, email, voice call, or instant messaging post.
- Identify slow-performance transactions.
- Measure the impact of individual resources.
- Also, analyze user sessions.
- The starter plan costs $9/month.
- PRO plan costs $35/month.
- Classic plan costs $89/month.
- Enterprise plan costs $225/month.
My choice and recommendation will be Atatus and New Relic Monitoring to have the best full use of the website, affordably and to use its features to its whole.
Take time to select the best one, I hope my blog helps you to have an idea quickly looking at each of the Best monitoring tools for web developers and their features. I found these Best monitoring tools for web developers out of my own curiosity and hope you will also find them useful in your website monitoring experience and find my ratings right according to their features and limitations. Share this blog with your learner friend and follow our PublishSquare for more blogs like this.