Did you ever wonder How Many Seconds in a Day? We know some basic facts like How many seconds in a minute, minutes in an hour, etc. But calculating the number of seconds in a day is quite difficult because it needs some calculations. But Don’t worry, this blog is to help you in calculating seconds in a day?
Table of Contents:
What is Second?
The Second is known as the basic unit of time as per the International System of Units and it is a part of the calculation of acceleration, velocity, etc. It is a very important term in our Calendar Calculations and multiples of seconds are counted as minutes, hours.
How many Seconds in a day?
As we know, 1 hour has 60 minutes and 1 minute has 60 seconds. We can start our Seconds in a day calculation with the basic multiplication.
1 hour = 60 minutes
1 minute = 60 Seconds
So, 1 hour = 60 * 60 = 3600 Seconds
Therefore, 1 hour has 3600 seconds
Then our next step is to calculate seconds in a day
So, 1 day = 24 hours
1 day = 24 * 3600 = 86400
Therefore, there are 86400 seconds in a day
Some Facts about Seconds:
- Second is a unit of time, so minutes and hours are multiples of seconds
- Due to variation in Earth’s rotation, the addition of leap second to clock time at irregular intervals takes place
- Small Fractions of seconds are known as milliseconds, nanoseconds and microseconds
- The use of seconds in clock time comes from the Babylonians
In this blog, we see about seconds in a day calculation. I hope you understand the calculation steps clearly, if you find this blog helpful share this with your friends and follow PublishSquare for more blogs like this. As a summary, I below give some basic terms,
- 60 seconds = 1 minute
- 3600 seconds = 1 hour
- 86400 seconds = 1 day
- 604800 seconds = 1 week
- 2.628e+6 seconds = 1 month
- 3.154e+7 seconds = 1 calender year
Also Read: How many Weeks in a Year